Paper Makes the Difference! (Presented by Hahnemühle)
Digital Printing Educational Talk | April, 27th 2017 | 4:00pm to 6:00pm
RSVP Required | Click here to complete the RSVP form
Often we hold our images captive in myriad ways: cameras, smart phones, tablets, and “the cloud.” Have you ever wondered, “What comes next”? Hold your images captive no longer! Learn how to make fine art prints to share in the real world. Travis Mc Connaghy, Technical Support Specialist with Hahnemüle USA, will unravel the printing process and encourage you to explore the full potential of your images. Participants will learn about the printing process (software tools, printers and paper), while building skills and confidence. Veronica Cotter, Education Development Manager with Hahnemühle USA will discuss FineArt papers and their importance to the print making process. A formal background in photography is not required. Enthusiasm and a willingness to challenge yourself (just a bit) are highly recommended.
- Overview/History of Hahnemühle: Discuss the link between Traditional Fine Art (TFA) and Digital Fine Art (DFA)
- Overview of the various categories of paper: Hahnemühle FineArt, Photo and Specialty Papers (Deckle Edge, Book & Album, Premium Edition)
- Discussion of the importance of printing in general and the link between image & paper from an aesthetic perspective
- Opportunity to view a variety of Hahnemühle FineArt and Photo papers to help participants appreciate the specific characteristics of various papers and help determine their “best” choice
- Print critique – Why Paper Makes The Difference!
- Question and Answer session