FUJIFILM X-H1 MIRRORLESS CAMERA & MKX PROFESSIONAL VIDEO LENSES
New X Series Camera Coming March 1st with MKX Lenses Following Soon After
IN STOCK NOW: CALL 510-548-6888 OR VISIT US IN THE STORE!
New Fujifilm X-H1 Mirrorless Digital Camera
The X-H1 is the highest performing camera in the X Series lineup, with a newly-designed robust and durable body. The X-H1 incorporates a range of useful features that support shooting in various scenarios by professional photographers, videographers and experienced amateur photographers. These features include not only the first-ever X Series camera with 5-axis in-body image stabilization, which has a maximum of 5.5 stops, but also a flicker reduction mode which enhances the quality of indoor sports photography.
The X-H1 is compatible with a range of other removable lenses including the MKX18-55mmT2.9 and MKX50- 135mmT2.9 professional cinema lenses. In combination, the new camera and lens combinations fulfill the professional still image and video production requirements in all genres, including sports photography.
Camera Body Price: $1,899.99 ($2,199.99 with Power Booster Grip. You Save $50!) Plus, see special Introductory Offer at the bottom of this page. Call 510-548-6888 or come into the store to get yours today.
FUJIFILM X-H1 FEATURE OVERVIEW:
- X-Trans CMOS III Sensor and X-Processor Pro Processor: The X-H1 features a 24.3 megapixel APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS III sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing engine for outstanding image quality and high-speed response.
- 5.5-Stops In-Body Image Stabilization: With the X-H1, 5-axis image stabilization is possible with all XF and XC lenses. Additionally, the X-H1 is capable of more than 5-stops image stabilization, up to a maximum of 5.5 stops. This is possible when the camera is used with all XF lenses that do not include optical image stabilization technology. The photographer may also choose to use the electronic front curtain shutter or the electronic shutter, virtually eliminating the effect of vibrations to maximize the benefits of image stabilization.
- Robust Weather-Resistant Body and Easy Operability o In addition to the X-H1’s dust and water-resistant properties, as well as the ability to operate in temperatures down to -10°C/-14°F, the camera also features 25% thicker magnesium alloy than the X- T2 and other X Series models, with increased scratch-resistance and surface hardness. The viewfinder is a high-magnification, high-precision electronic viewfinder with a magnification ratio of 0.75 times and 3.69 million dot resolution. The viewfinder display is extraordinarily smooth, with a display time lag of just 0.005 seconds and a frame rate of 100 frames per second. The X-H1 also features a 3-direction tilt 3-inch 1.04 million dot electrostatic touch-panel LCD and a 1.28” sub-LCD on the top of the camera. The X-H1 incorporates many improvements based on professional photographer feedback, including a large grip design, leaf-Spring/Summer switch for shutter-release button, near-silent shutter sound, a new AF-ON button, enlargements of buttons on the rear of the camera, and a new focus level.
- Comprehensive Range of Video Features for Movie Production o The X-H1 is the first camera in the X Series to include ETERNA, a new film simulation ideal for shooting movies. This mode simulates cinematic film, creating understated colors and rich shadow tones, greatly enhancing creative freedom during post-processing. The camera’s video image quality has been improved to include the 1080/120P high-speed video mode (1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 speed slow motion) for recording spectacular slow-motion footage, F-log SD card recording which aids smooth workflow, a DCI 4K shooting mode (4096×2160), a 400% dynamic range setting (approximately 12 stops), 200 Mbps high bit rate recording, a high-sound quality internal microphone (24 bit/48 kHz) and verbal time codes.
- Flicker Reduction Mode and Improved AF Algorithms o Flicker reduction modes are essential for indoor sport photography, and the X-H1 is the first X Series camera to feature this mode, allowing for stable exposure during burst shots even under fluorescent and mercury lighting. AF algorithm improvements include increased low-light limit for phase detection AF, minimum aperture for phase detection has been expanded from F8 to F11, major improvements to the AF-C performance while operating in zoom, and overall improved results across phase detection AF.
Fujifilm X-H1 Accessories
X-H1 Vertical Power Booster Grip VPB-XH1: Dust and water-resistant, the VPB-XH1 can operate in temperatures down to -10°C/-14°F. Two batteries may be attached to the grip, and with a third battery in the body of the camera, the VPB-XH1 increases the max number of shots in normal mode to approximately 900. In boost mode, multiple batteries can be used simultaneously, improving performance for burst shots and reducing the interval between shots, shutter time lag, and blackout period. The VPB-XH1 increases the max period for shooting movies in 4K to about 30 minutes, making the grip an essential accessory for maximizing the performance of the X-H1. The VPB-XH1 controls include the shutter-release button, focus lever, AE-L button, AF-ON button, command dial, Q button, and Fn button, providing operability in the vertical position that is equivalent to operability in the horizontal position. The VPB-XH1 is equipped with a headphone socket, allowing the operator to monitor sound while recording video. The VPB-XH1 includes recharging capability. The included AC adapter (AC-9VS) can be used to recharge batteries simultaneously over approximately 2 hours.
New Fujinon MKX18-55mmT2.9 and MKX50-135mmT2.9 Lenses
Expected to join the X Series lens lineup in Spring/Summer 2018, the X Mount FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 and MKX50-135mmT2.9 lenses deliver high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting. The MKX18-55mm and MKX50-135mm are the first fully manual cinema lenses to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable lens camera lineup. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX18-55mm covers a focal distance from 27mm to 84mm and MKX50-135mm covers a focal distance from 76mm to 206mm. Combined with X Series’ unique color reproduction technology, MKX lenses further enhance the range for professional video shooting.
The MKX18-55 lens is $3,999.99 and the MKX50-135 lens is $4,299.99. Call 510-548-6888 or come in the store to preorder.
LENS PRODUCT FEATURES:
- Advanced Optical Performance, Packed into a Compact and Lightweight Lens Barrel: MKX18-55mm uses an optical construction comprising 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with six super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements. MKX50-135mm uses 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with two super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements. They have T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, contributing to shortened shooting time. The MKX lenses achieve advanced edge-to-edge optical performance despite their compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent. The electrical contact feature of these lenses allows for communication with X Series cameras, and not only corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading, but also achieves various color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
- Optimum Optical and Mechanical Design for Shooting Video: The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming, which eliminates the need to re- focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system. The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing (change of angle of view during focusing) which achieves smooth focusing. Manufacturing technology developed for conventional FUJINON cine lenses is applied to control optical axis shift while zooming, achieving intended composition every time.
- Comfortable, Standardized Design for Ease of Operation: The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing. The lenses feature three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris (aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lag. All operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other FUJINON cine lenses, which allows the use of all standard third party accessories for video production.The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure adjustment while also preventing camera shake caused by clicking.Only one matte box between the lenses is needed with an 85mm front diameter.Only one filter size between the lenses is needed with a filter thread of 82mm. The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position accessories when switching lenses. The lenses have a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that can be covered with one lens.The lenses feature a Flange Focal Distance adjustment function to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, bringing out the lenses’ full optical performance.