More Looking Glass Services
As folks who love taking pictures, we often do just about anything to get the perfect shot. This means we are sometimes harder on our cameras than we should be and accidents and manufacturer defects (though rare) do happen. If you purchased your camera or lens from us, and it’s still under warranty, let us do the legwork! (FYI: we also do repairs for film cameras and related lenses.) Here’s the process:
- Bring your equipment to the store and we’ll help assess the problem. Sometimes it is a simple fix that we can complete while you wait. Other times it requires being sent to the manufacturer or repair specialist. In this situation, we require a non-refundable $25 deposit unless the equipment was purchased at our store. The $25 will be applied to the repair.
- We typically receive the repair assessment/estimate 2 weeks after it ships to the repair vendor. We contact you upon receiving this information and discuss options with you.
- Once you approve the repair we immediately contact the repair facility so that they can put it in line for repair. Typical repair times are 4 to 6 weeks. If you need a loaner in the meantime for a specific shoot, let us know and we’ll see how we can work this out so that you aren’t without a camera when you need one.
Have you been noticing funny spots showing up in your pictures from your interchangeable lens camera? Chances are good that your sensor is dirty. Not to worry, we can fix that right up for you! Our sensor cleaning service is done in house by one of our experts. Just bring your DSLR or mirrorless interchhangeable lens camera (ILC) into the store and we’ll get it taken care of within 3 working days (Mon-Fri). And when you do, please bring your camera in with a lens and fully charged battery. A memory card is not required (we do a before and after photo in jepg form; we will have to change your settings if you are a pure RAW shooter but will return it to your previous settings when complete.)
The service cost is $60 regardless of how tough the job is (some sensor cleanings take only 15-20mins others can take hours). We take before and after photos so that you can see the results with your own eyes, but you’ll probably notice the difference the minute you start shooting. If it turns out that we notice something other than dirt (like a scratch) when we open up your camera we will notify you immediately of the pre-existing problem and work with you for the best solution to your camera’s issue. If you’re more of a DIY person, we do sell sensor cleaning kits, but please keep in mind that your sensor is very delicate and this is not a job for the faint of heart. An incorrectly cleaned sensor can lead to a very expensive repair.
Photographers helping photographers: Our experts are available to you for a personalized 1-on-1 consultation:
- Having trouble working out a tricky lighting situation?
- Can’t get your computer/printer/scanner set-up producing the results you want?
- Just need help figuring out the ins and outs of your particular camera in a real life shooting situation?
- Want a one-on-one tutorial in traditional darkroom technique or are you building your own home darkroom for the first time?
Whatever your specific need may be, we have someone available to expertly help you get the result you seek. Just call or come by the store and tell us what you need and we will pair you with the perfect person to help you out. They’ll set up an appointment time with you either in the store or we can travel to you!
Consultation fee is $100/hr plus travel. The first hour or any part thereof is $100, beyond the first hour of any single session time is billed out by the 1/4hr. Package pricing may be available if you know you will have an ongoing need for our services.
We can take your passport photo here at the store and you’ll leave with your new pic in-hand ready to be sent along with your application.
- Single 2-Passport Photo set for $10.99
- Additional sets 1/2 price
- No appointment necessary
- Professionally taken and guaranteed
- We specialize in children of all ages
- We also take passport photos for Australia.