Sony α7 III with 35-mm full-frame image sensor
With outstanding imaging capability and high-speed performance contained in a compact body, the α7 III gives you the power, precision, and flexibility to capture once-in-a-lifetime moments just as you like.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY:
- Body Only: $1,999.99
- Body with 28-70mm lens: $2,199.99
- Estimated Ship date: Now Shipping with more on the way to Looking Glass
- Shipping Now: Make sure you get one of our next units – this item does not stay in stock long. Call us at 510-548-6888
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- Newly developed 24.2MP 35mm full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS sensor and enhanced image processing
- Phenomenal Autofocus performance and 10 frames per second continuous shooting
- Full-frame 4K HDR movie recording and pro-class movie features
- Dramatic ISO Range from ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800 for stills)
- Newly developed sensor, evolved image processor: The latest technology achieves stunning processing speed. A new version of the 24.2-megapixe Exmor R™ CMOS sensor, now featuring a back-illuminated structure, is combined with the latest BIONZ X™ image processing engine and front-end LSI, and this combination achieves a data readout speed that is two times faster and data processing capability that is 1.8 times higher.
- Back-illuminated full-frame sensor: The 35-mm full-frame CMOS image sensor with back-illuminated structure enhances light collection efficiency, expands circuitry scale, and, with the help of a copper wiring layer that contributes to quicker data transfer, outputs data at very high speed, while minimizing noise to reveal fine details in every picture.
- Reducing noise in high-resolution images: Standard ISO range is extended to ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-2048007 for stills), while Detail Reproduction and Area-specific Noise Reduction technologies maintain image details and cut noise. With highly effective performance in mid-to-high sensitivity ranges, you can shoot at high ISO with no concerns about noise or image deterioration.
- More accurate color reproduction straight out of the camera: Color reproduction performance is dramatically enhanced, giving subjects that you capture more natural color that is faithful to how the colors look in real life. Skin tones in portraits, blue skies in landscapes, and vivid hues in still life images look very realistic as a result.
- Steadier shots with 5-axis stabilization: The latest high-precision stabilization uses stabilization unit and gyro sensors and algorithms to achieve a 5.0-step shutter speed advantage in a system that compensates five types of camera shake with a wide range of lenses and delivers excellent performance.
- 4D FOCUS—AF performance evolves: AF performance is improved using the same AF advancements as in the α9 and applying it optimally. Once the α7 III captures such unpredictably moving subjects as dancers, boxers, and wild animals in action, it won’t easily let them go.
- 4D FOCUS: Stunning wide coverage: 693. Remarkable number of phase-detection AF points. This camera features 693 phase-detection AF points covering approx. 93% of image area, plus 425 densely positioned contrast-detection AF points to improve focus.
- 4D FOCUS: Fast AF speed: Up to two times faster AF performance. Combining focal-plane phase-detection AF for excellent speed and tracking plus high-precision contrast-detection AF, Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF can capture fast-moving subjects in razor-sharp images. This system advances performance to double AF speed.
- 4D FOCUS: Steadfast tracking: Enhanced AF tracking for swiftly moving subjects. The AF performance inherited from the α9 accounts for AF tracking with enhanced precision for continuous shooting of quick action. With faster image sensor readout, even complex subject motion can be tracked and sudden movements can be predicted with great precision, letting you capture decisive moments.
- Eye AF revolutionizes portraiture: With the α7 III, Eye AF can now be used with AF-C mode, for fast, effective eye detection/tracking performance when shooting stills. The easy maintenance of optimum focus on moving subjects can totally transform your portraiture. Even if face is partially hidden. Even when looking down. Even when backlit.
- Focus control via touch screen: The α7 III has Touch Focus function, and a Touch Pad function for you to fingertip-drag the focus frame intuitively while using the viewfinder.
- Fast continuous shooting captures the height of a moment: The α7 III can shoot in a continuous burst at up to 10fps with AF/AE tracking and up to 8fps burst shooting when shooting with live-view mode. The camera also supports silent shooting at up to 10fps with AF/AE tracking at maximum resolution.
- Shoot continuously in absolute silence: This camera allows silent shooting at up to 10fps with AF/AE tracking. Silence is critical for various scenes, when even slight noise can mean missing a chance at an ideal shot.
- Image resolution uncompromised: Full-pixel readout without binning in 35-mm full-frame mode makes it possible to condense approx. 2.4 times the data required for 4K movies (QFHD: 3840 x 2160), minimizing moiré and jaggies. Full-frame or Super 35mm mode can be selected as needed. Furthermore, 4K recording employs XAVC S format at bitrates as high as 100 Mbps.
- Supports S-Log3 and Slow and Quick Motion: S-Log3 improves gradation from shadows to mid-tones and widens the dynamic range up to 14 stops. Also, select a frame rate from 1 to 120/100 fps for up to 60x quick motion and 5x slow motion.
- Longer battery life to shoot for more professional lengths: The α7 III can use a NP-FZ100 battery with approx. 2.2 times as much capacity as a NP-FW50 battery, allowing you to shoot up to approximately 710 photos with one full charge. BC-QZ1 optional battery charger allows quicker charging than charging via USB.
- Dual media slots, UHS-II support: With two media slots, including one that’s UHS-II-compatible for fast data writing, the α7 III can simultaneously or relay record, separate RAW/JPEG data and stills/movies, and copy data between cards.