TAMRON PHOTOGRAPHY DAYS AT LOOKING GLASS
Two days of learning | Two types of photography | Two stellar folks from Tamron leading the way
We’re partnering with Tamron to bring you TWO DAYS OF LEARNING & FUN. We’ll have a “Tamron Test Drive” demo table to get hands-on with Tamron lenses (the most award-winning lens line) as well as teach you the basics of Macro Photography and/or Portrait Photography. So if you are looking to enrich your photography skills, learn about some high-value, high quality lenses, and have fun throughout it all, Tamron Days at Looking Glass are for you! We also have an Open Call to Students (college, high school). We have two hours on Friday planned just for you. More details below.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10th:
- 12:00-2:00pm – TAMRON EDU (For students currently enrolled in school)
Tamron EDU will be here to offer terrific student pricing on Tamron lenses, complete with a Tamron Test Drive demo table to get hands-on while you learn about the lenses. It’s also a great opportunity to ask your photography-related questions. And, as the icing on the cake, there will be pizza and soda, AND a chance to win a $200 Looking Glass Photo gift card! If you want pizza, you need to RSVP so we know how much to get. RSVP by clicking here. See the Tamron EDU flyer here.
- 2:00-6:30pm – TAMRON TEST DRIVE DEMO TABLE (For everyone)
We’ll have a demo gear table on our retail floor. This is a GREAT time to get acquainted with Tamron lenses and what they can bring to your photography. Not to mention, Tamron delivers tremendous optical quality at great prices.
- 3:00-4:00pm – MACRO SEMINAR PART 1 ($25 registration)
Understanding and successfully seeing the world through macro photography brings to life a new perspective. When considering the smaller scale, every detail plays a bigger role to identify the subject, decrease distraction, and create a truly impactful image. Through this seminar, we will clearly define what macro means; discover how subtle decisions make big changes; and make sense out of an abstracted scene. Lastly, we’ll discuss tips when dealing with common macro subjects such as insects, flowers, and jewelry. Then on Saturday, you’ll meet up with Jillian again for Part 2 to implement what you’ve learned in an interactive shooting experience. Learn more about Jillian and the Saturday workshop below. REGISTER NOW.
- 4:15-5:15pm – BEGINNING PORTRAITURE PART 1 ($25 registration)
Photographer Ben Hutchinson covers simple methods of lighting and adding creativity to your photography, from basic portraits to model photography. Whether you’re just getting started or honing your professional skills, come learn how you can improve on the creativity of your photography. Then on Saturday, you’ll meet up with Ben again in Part 2 of the class to implement what you’ve learned in an interactive shooting experience. Learn more about Ben and the Saturday workshop below. REGISTER NOW.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11th:
- 11:00am-12:30pm – MACRO SEMINAR PART 2 (Continuation from Friday)
Take what you learned from Jillian on Friday and apply it in this interactive, hands-on shoot at Looking Glass. Tamron lenses will be available for your testing and enjoyment.
- 2:00-3:30pm – BEGINNING PORTRAITURE PART 2 (Continuation from Friday)
Take what you learned from Ben on Friday and apply it in this interactive, hands-on shoot at Looking Glass. Light modifiers and various lights will be used. Tamron lenses will be available for your testing and enjoyment.
ABOUT THE AMAZING FOLKS FROM TAMRON:
- JILLIAN BELL: Jillian is a member of Tamron’s Technical Team. Tastefully merging form and artistic flare, her emphasis always lies in the subtle details. Jillian travels the country educating consumers on choosing the right equipment for varying needs. Photography is a useful tool, and her goal is to inspire others and help them to build on their photographic skills to create better, more consistent results.
- BEN HUTCHINSON: Ben is a professional photographer and Tamron rep from Portland, Oregon who specializes in both model photography and creative portraiture. Ben’s work has been featured in numerous national and international publications. When not behind the camera, Ben is a runner, a reader, and a connoisseur of delicious craft brews.